CHESAPEAKE INVESTMENT SERVICES, INC. (“Chesapeake”)
Chesapeake has always been committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information about our current and prospective customers. We understand that privacy is an important issue for you, and we want you to understand how we work to protect your privacy when we collect information about you.
HOW WE OBTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
In providing you with financial products and services, or information about such products and services, Chesapeake may collect public and non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
● your account agreements and other related documents and forms (for example, name, address, social security number, birth date and financial information);
● transactions with or its guaranteeing FCM – Vision Financial Markets (for example, trading with us, history of meeting margin calls, and your use of various products and services that we provide);
● outside entities, including credit reporting agencies, to obtain information (such as verification of identity, credit-worthiness, credit history, purchasing and investment preferences).
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
It is our policy not to release your personal information except as permitted by law, requested by you or set forth below. Within Chesapeake, we restrict access to your personal information to those who require it to provide products or services to you.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. These safeguards include limiting access to data and periodically testing our security technology.
Within Chesapeake we may share information about you for several reasons, including:
● to assist us in providing services;
● to help design and improve products;
● to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
In the course of doing business we may share information with third parties, which could include personal information about you. Personal information may be shared with others for the following reasons:
● in response to a subpoena;
● to prevent fraud;
● to comply with inquiries from government agencies or other regulators;
● for other legal purposes.
We also may share personal information:
● with others that service your accounts, or that perform services on our behalf;
● with others with whom we may have joint marketing agreements. These include financial services companies;
● financial services providers, such as introducing brokers, broker/dealers, futures commission merchants, investment companies, investment advisers, commodity trading advisers and commodity pool operators;
● publishers and other direct marketers of products related to the financial services industry, such as newsletter or book publishers and software or trading system developers;
● to other non-affiliated third parties with your consent, at your request or as permitted or required by law.
OPT OUT NOTICE